Manage My Overdraft Coverage
Manage my overdraft coverage
Manage your overdraft coverage by reading this section, then scroll down to enter and submit your decisions.
When does an overdraft occur?
An overdraft occurs when you do not have enough money in your account to cover a transaction, but we pay it as a courtesy to you. We can cover your overdrafts in one of two ways.
- We have standard overdraft practices that come with your account. Learn more below.
- We also offer overdraft protection plans such as a link to a savings account or an overdraft line of credit, which may be less expensive than our standard overdraft practices. Learn more about these plans.
What are the standard overdraft practices that come with my account?
We do authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions through our Bounce Protection standard discretionary overdraft service:
- Checks and other transactions made using your checking account number.
- Automatic bill payments.
We do not authorize and pay overdrafts for the following types of transactions unless you ask us to by opting into Bounce Protection Plus, our optional secondary discretionary overdraft service:
- ATM transactions.
- One-time debit card transactions.
We pay overdrafts at our discretion, which means we do not guarantee that we will always authorize and pay any type of transaction. If we do not authorize and pay an overdraft, your transaction will be declined.
What fees will I be charged if City National Bank pays my overdraft?
Under our standard overdraft practices:
- We will charge you a fee of up to $36 each time we pay an overdraft.
- The maximum number of overdraft fees we can assess is limited to 6 per day.
What if I want to change how City National Bank handles overdrafts on my checks and automatic bill payments?
City National Bank strives to authorize and pay overdrafts on these transactions unless you request otherwise. Complete and submit the Bounce Protection selection below to opt out of this benefit or to change your previous decision. You may also contact your local branch.
What if I want to change how City National Bank handles overdrafts on my ATM and non-recurring debit card transactions?
City National Bank requires that you give us permission to provide this service by completing and submitting the Bounce Protection Plus selection below or by contacting your local branch. You may also change your previous decision the same way.
Alternative Ways to Opt In or Opt Out
VISIT any City National branch to opt-in or opt-out in person
MAIL the opt-in/opt-out disclosure form [available here] to:
CALL your local branch.